from I Modi [The Ways] or De omnibus Veneris Schematibus [On All the Forms of Sex], originally engraved in 1524 by Marcantonio Raimondi, possibly from drawings by Giulio Romano; emphatically suppressed by the Catholic Church; and shown here from an edition published (and probably forged) in 1887 by Jean-Frédéric Waldeck. Waldeck claimed, probably falsely, that he had found tracings of the 1524 original in a convent in Mexico.
- nude-body reblogged this from oldroze
- tomorrowold likes this
- oldroze reblogged this from cmnotes
- doktorinfaustus reblogged this from ratak-monodosico
- eroticline reblogged this from cmnotes
- ratak-monodosico reblogged this from cmnotes and added:
- cmnotes posted this